Saturday, August 20, 2011

This week...

This week has been a fun one. I went out with some ladies from church on Wednesday night to see The Help. It was SO good that I want to see it again! I laughed, I cried (a lot), and I wanted to punch Hilly Holbrook. The setting was Jackson, so I recognized school and street names, tv station, and more. That was really neat to me. I'm so thankful that I did not live in that era.

On Thursday night, my childhood friend Whitney Miller (America's first MasterChef) was in D'Iberville for a cookbook signing. It was right down the road, so of course I went! I had fun visiting with Whitney and her parents. There was also an artist there who drew this charicature of me... haha!!


Last night, I went to dinner with the Nave's, some of our friends from church who both went to MC and MHBC in Clinton like me! They are so much fun, and their son, Christian, is adorable! Pip (or Peep according to Christian) met us after he got off work. Christian found out that Pip "talks to planes", and so he was talking to planes all night. Haha! We had a great time hanging out with them!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Christian sounds adorable!! And I'm jealous that you got to see The Help already. I really want to see it! Btw, did you know Hilly was played by Ron Howard's daughter? I hated Hilly in the book too, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know who Ron Howard was... But mom just informed me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete