Friday, September 9, 2011

New Beginnings

This week Philip and I signed the papers to build a house, and we are VERY excited about it! Besides making a good investment, we also are thrilled to: 1. Be in Gulfport where we both work and go to church. 2. Be able to yell at football and baseball games (or talk above a whisper) without being turned in by our neighbors. 3. Be free from the constant barking of our neighbors' chihuahuas... (yes, the same ones who turned us in for noise). LOL. 4. Have space for family and friends to visit.... and etc. etc.... I could go on all day. We are very blessed to be able to own a home, and we can't wait to move in!! The slab is supposed to be laid by the end of this week. I will post pictures as our home progresses from its current state- a pile of dirt.

Million Air also officially opened this week! WOOHOO!! Side note- my feet are adapting to heels after a little help from Dr. Scholls. Lori would be so proud.

In other news, we are getting ready to begin the Awana program at our church for the first time. I am going to be the director for the T&T girls (3rd-5th grade). I am so excited about the program, but also nervous because I have never done Awanas before. Please pray for me as I prepare, and also for clarity in sharing the gospel with these children.

I also went to adult choir for the first time last week... I feel like a real grown-up now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Great news. I am so excited for you both. Looking forward to following the progress. Praying God will use you mightily through the church Awana program, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting, and I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for you and Philip! I know God is going to use you in s mighty way.

    ReplyDelete