Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cornflake Candy

If you know me, your know that I LOVE sweets... probably a little too much. I especially love chocolate, but one of my favorite non-chocolate desserts is Cornflake Candy. I have had different versions of this treat, but none compare to my mom's recipe. It's just the right combination... not too much peanut butter, but rather a sweet gooey treat!



1 cup of sugar
1 cup of Karo
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of peanut butter
6 cups of Cornflakes

Combine sugar, karo, and vanilla in boiler on high. When mixture comes to a boil cook for one minute. Remove from heat, then add peanut butter. Stir in cornflakes 2 cups at a times. Mix well. Drop spoonfulls onto wax paper to cool.

**Just a note... if you let the mixture boil longer than 1 minute, the candy will be hard as a rock. I say this from experience. (You know, the first time I tried to cook them in college without mom.) ;)



2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. Enjoy. I'm really excited that you learned how and did not give up on them when your first batch didn't turn out too good.

    ReplyDelete