Monday, July 11, 2011

Masterchef, Braves, Class reunion

Well, I haven't posted in a little bit, because we've been out of town. I'm actually typing from my parent's home in Georgia right now. We are on our vacation, and we've had a lot of fun! Before we left, we went to my childhood friend, Whitney Miller's cookbook launch! She won the title of America's first Masterchef last September on FOX. The Miller family went to our church in Poplarville, and I was close friends with Whitney and her younger sister, Brittyn. I also really looked up to their older sister, Leslie, who is an amazing singer! It was so good to see their family and many other families from Poplarville. (We moved there when I was 3 and moved away when I was 10, so I was seeing most of them for the first time since we moved to Georgia). Her cookbook is phenomenal! I recommend it to everyone!! It's called "Modern Hospitality- Simple Recipes with Southern Charm". You can find it on amazon.com or most major bookstores.
We also went to see a couple Braves games before heading home! We went last Wed. night with our friend, Aaron, who lives in Atlanta now. The Braves beat the Rockies 9-1 that night. The next day, Pip and I went to a day game, which the Braves won 6-3! We got to see 4 homers between the 2 games (all hit by the Braves). Besides it being really hot, we had a great time. Philip got a few autographs (Eric Hinske, Cory Gearrin, and Wilkin Ramirez) and I got on the big screen!! lol.
We drove to our hometown on Thursday night after the game. We got to celebrate Liam's birthday on Friday with family and neighbors, and I had my 5-year class reunion Saturday night on a Savannah Riverboat Moonlight Cruise. Yesterday, we got to worship at our home church where my dad is the pastor. It is so good to be home and to see people we care about so much. I also had a BLAST watching the Women's World Cup game yesterday between the US and Brazil. If you didn't see it... you missed the most exciting game ever. Find out when it's being replayed, and watch it! We still have a couple days here before we head home, and we plan to enjoy them... especially since I am finally supposed to start orientation for my new job next Monday. Yay! If you read this far, thanks for caring. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment