Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pageant time

So, maybe I'm lame, but I have been watching all the prelims for the Miss Mississippi pageant this week. I always hated when you watch a pageant on TV, and the very first thing they do is announce the top 10! I wanted to know WHY they were the top 10. Well, last summer when I was in Georgia, a friend posted a link for the prelims on facebook, and I was SO excited! I watched all 3 nights of prelims, and I had favorites before the actual pageant on Saturday night.
This year, I got really into it and scored the contestants, and even picked my own finalists. It's also exciting to see some of the same contestants from last year that were favorites of mine. I'm cheering on Jill Duckworth (Miss USM) and Jessica Terrill (Mrs. MSU)! Jill was my pick to win last year, but she was 1st runner-up. Jessica made the top 10 last year, and I know her because she went to MC before she transferred to State. (She was Miss MC 2009)... Anyway, I'm also expecting Mary Margaret Roark to do very well. She won the swimwear prelim for her group, and also did GREAT in talent! We'll see how it all pans out!
I'll be eating pizza and thanking the Lord that nobody is judging my body. LOL!

1 comment: